The Tag Designer Suite is a perfect tool for a Tag Manufacturer’s R&D work. Equipped with the RFID Measurement Cabinet, the Tagformance Pro turns into a true turn-key UHF RFID tag measurement solution. The standard frequency range is 800-1000 MHz. We also provide a Wideband range 600-1300 MHz, which is especially suitable for inlay designers. The standard protocol is ISO 18000-6C. Protocol extensions ISO 18000-6B and various EM protocols are also available.
The measurement functions included in the Tag Designer Suite are:
The Threshold measurement sweeps through the selected frequency range and detects the minimum required transmit power for correct tag response at each frequency point. These Threshold Sweep curves give clear view on the tag’s tuning and sensitivity.
The test can be done using EPC Class1 Gen2 (ISO 18000-6C) with several commands and data rates. ISO18000-6B, GB/T29768, Brazilian protocols such as SINIAV, support for custom commands and support for custom protocols are also available.
The command set and the protocol support are the same throughout the Tag Designer Suite. Results can be expressed as transmit power, backscatter power, dRCS, read range, backscatter range, power on tag, etc.
- Verify performance and tuning of new tag designs
- Measure the detuning and read range of a tag on different items and materials
- Compare tags, tag positions and antennas from a reader’s point of view
- Compare simulated and measured results
The Backscatter measurement performs a power sweep on a selected frequency while measuring the tag’s response signal strength. The point where the curve starts is the threshold point. This measurement helps to ensure that the tag performs continuously on all power levels.
- Measure the tag’s power response
- Check for continuous operation at all transmit powers
- Study close coupling of tags
Backscatter Link Budget
This is an easy tool for simulating how the measured tag would perform in an application with given reader transmit power, antenna gain and receiver sensitivity. The software calculates the operating range and indicates whether the forward or reverse link is the limiting factor.
- Find out easily whether the tag is forward or reverse link limited
- Check the expected read range and link margin with a given reader
- Compare different tags with specific system values (or vice versa)
The Orientation Sensitivity measurement enables automated radiation pattern measurements for tags and tagged objects. Voyantic RFID Measurement Cabinets with tag rotation and stand-alone Tag Rotation System integrate seamlessly with this measurement.
- Measure the radiation pattern of tags and tagged objects, also in tag populations
- Find out the optimal placement for a tag on a chosen item
- Experiment the effect of tagged item shapes and materials on radiation pattern
The Read Range measurement enables easy read range calculation on a frequency range with set reader transmit power and sensitivity specified by the user. This measurement allows quick estimation of the system level performance with given tag and RFID reader. The Raw data mode shows the power response as a function of frequency. This allows excellent visibility to the tag’s behaviour through the frequency and power range. Select+query command (optional) can be used to analyse tags in a population for continuity of the response.
- Check the System Level Expected Read Range with given reader parameters AND effect on the operating range caused by production variation
- Verify your tag choice with application specific objects and reader parameters
- Study the backscatter behaviour in detail with raw data mode